5 Easy Ways to Save on Your Valentine’s Day Shopping
You want to save money on gifts for your sweetheart, but clipping coupons and scouring the Internet for deals is hard, time-consuming work. Fear not, Trae Bodge, Smart Shopping Expert for GiftCardGranny is here to share her five favorite ways to shop your very smartest and get the deepest discounts on your Valentine’s Day gifts – all with minimal effort.
- If you haven’t decided what to buy, get some inspiration from the best of the best deals! Visit the Slickdeals.net Front Page, where 30-40 amazing deals have been vetted and voted on by 10mm deals seekers. You can also search the site by retailer or category if you have ideas of your own.
- Flipp is a free shopping app that brings your local circulars right to your smartphone before you head out to the stores. The app helps you easily find deals (on gifts or groceries for that special meal you’re planning), plan your shopping, and save more money each week. Use the new Shopping List feature find the best local deals and sort the items on your shopping list by store aisle to easily navigate the store.
- I am a huge fan of rewards cards and I’m loving the new Sears MasterCard with Shop Your Way from my friends at Sears and Kmart. You can use this card everywhere you shop everyday and earn Shop Your Way Points on all your purchase. Their 5, 3, 2, 1 program offers 5% rewards on gas purchases, 3% at groceries and restaurants, 2% at Sears/Kmart and 1% on all other eligible purchases. You will find plenty of budget-friendly-but-beautiful Valentine’s Day gifts at their stores and use the points you earn for even more shopping!
- ShopRunner, a new shopping service, offers its members free 2-day shipping and free returns at over 140 different stores, like Neiman Marcus and Under Armour. Membership, which includes great deals on the ShopRunner site in addition to the free shipping perks, is free for AmEx cardholders! You can also check it out for free for 30 days.
- And if you think your sweetie would prefer to pick out their own gift, there’s a way to save on that, too. Visit Gift Card Granny, a site that aggregates the discounted gift cards from over all over the Internet, for access to hundreds of thousands of discounted gift cards from over 1,000 stores. Purchase the discounted digital gift card of your choice or a physical gift card, and save between 2-30%.