So, what is “Beauty Secrets”? Beauty Secrets is where you can learn about the beauty-full inner workings of women who are moving and shaking in their world, whether it be in beauty, personal finance or somewhere in between.
Today’s muse is world-renowned makeup artist, Carmindy, who I met when I was still with the beauty brand I co-founded, Three Custom Color Specialists. We have known each other for at least a decade!
Carmindy has worked in the fashion world for over 25 years and her work can be seen on the editorial pages of leading magazines such as Self, Town and Country, InStyle, O, Essence, Lucky, Marie Claire, Glamour and many more. She has been the face of many global beauty brands and is the author of 4 best-selling beauty books: The 5 Minute Face, Get Positively Beautiful, Crazy Busy Beautiful and Bloom. You also probably know her as the resident beauty expert, on TLC’s hit show, What Not To Wear, which still syndicates globally.
Here are Carmindy’s beauty secrets:
1. “I have used regular white sugar straight from the kitchen as an exfoliator for years and years.
My grandmother taught me this trick when I was a kid. To this day there is no exfoliator out there that beats sugar – and I have tried them all!
2. I swear by anti-aging serums like Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Acid or Skinmedica TNS Essential Serum. They rejuvenate collagen production, keep skin tight and firm and erase fine lines and wrinkles. I use one or the other every morning and night after cleansing and before moisturizing to ensure ageless looking skin. One of my best friends, NYC dermatologist Dr. Rosemarie Ingleton, turned me on to these serums a few years ago. All her clients look amazing!
3. I use the tube technology mascara formulas, like the DHC Double Protection Mascara. They last all day by coating each lash in polymer-type tubes but do not need makeup remover to remove like tough water proof formulas do. Just wash your face with warm water and the mascara slips of your lashes like little tubes in the sink.
4. For 25 years, I have been using my Carmindizing highlighter trick (aka “strobing”) on every client to create a glowing beautiful look. Use the highlighter under brows, on the inside corners of the eyes, on tops of the cheekbones and around lips for a glowing illuminated look.
5. I use Eucerin Body Lotion to create my own custom lotion. It is the best unscented body moisturizer – it’s rich, hydrating, inexpensive and lasts forever. Simply add a few drop of your favorite perfume and a squirt or 2 of liquid body shimmer then shake it up and apply for a personalized body treatment.”
Please note that Amazon purchases made from this page are monetized via an Associates account. This in no way affects our editorial decisions.