This week’s muse is Kylie Carlson, CEO of The International Academy of Wedding & Event Planning, which has provided providing training and certification for wedding planners, stylists and designers for over a decade, She is also the publisher of Wedding Business Magazine and a sought after speaker, having presented at the National Association of Wedding Professionals, Engage Academy Dubai and the Cornwall Wedding Meet-Up, among many others.
I spend a lot of my life on the road or plane and living my life out of a suitcase and one thing that often causes issues is static hair.
Here are Kylie’s beauty secrets:
- “My biggest tip for stopping your hair looking like you’ve put your finger in a socket is to always keep a small tube of hand cream in your bag. I’m a Clarins girl through and through and I don’t go anywhere without a travel size version of their Hand and Nail Treatment Cream. I’m seduced by the smell – it just smells so good. Rub a small amount into the palm of your hand and then simply run your hands through your hair, and hey presto all the static-ness will disappear!
- When you travel a lot it is really easy to give exercise a miss and I always feel lethargic if I do this. It doesn’t matter where I am, on a plane, in a hotel or even in a car park I always make time for squats. It is so simple and easy to do and instantly makes me feel better. 3 sets of 10 and I am ready to go.
- The one thing I take with me everywhere (in fact I think I have one in every handbag just in case), is my Rosewater spray. It is the most hydrating thing after a long flight and even after a long car journey and instantly makes me feel good. What’s not to love? **Kylie uses Berber’s Treat Organic Moroccan Rosewater, which is not available in the US. A comparable product is the Moroccan Rose Beauty Water from Shea Terra Organics, whose founder, Tammie Umbel, is a Beauty Secrets alum!
- My grandma told me from a very young age that you’re never fully dressed without your lipstick and that it didn’t matter how much of a rush you were in, what you were wearing or how great your hair was looking, without lipstick applied you weren’t fit to leave the house. I have lived by that motto all my life and even in my PJs I will always have my lippy on. I’m nothing if not faithful, and go-to my lippy is Clarins Joli Rouge Soft Berry. I am such a sucker for a nice tube, but I love this because it keeps my lips really well moisturized and as I suffer with dry lips it is a winner for me.
- My final must-have product when I’m traveling is my little pot of Moon Juice Dream Dust. Jet lag is an unavoidable beast for me and this is quite literally my savior. It is the only thing that allows me to sleep no matter what time zone I am on.”
Facebook: Wedding Academy Live