Amazon Prime Day is July 11, 2017. Prime Day sales officially start at 6pm PST.
- Shop early: The Amazon Prime Day event starts NOW. Examples of early deals:
- There are also discounts as high as 83% on video rentals from today to 7/10 and 40% off Audible Unlimited (new customers only) and Kindle Unlimited until Prime Day.
- For those with wedding registries, save up to 43% off brands like Black & Decker and OXO from 7/8-Prime Day.
- Alexa users will have early access to exclusive Prime Day ‘voice shopping deals’ by asking, “Alexa, what are your deals?” Amazon is also offering a $10 credit with your first Alexa order.
- Get rewards: If you are a regular Amazon shopper and a Prime Member, sign up for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card. This card has no annual fee and allows you to earn 5% back on your Amazon purchases and 2 or 1% back on other purchases. These earnings can be applied to future Amazon purchases. Like many store cards, this card has a fairly high APR (14.99-22.99%), so buy only what you can pay off in full each month.
- Early intel: For a sneak peek on the deals, click on “Today’s Deals” and “Upcoming” on Amazon. Tap “Watch this deal” for deals you want to keep an eye on. If you want to dive even deeper, watch this: Prime Day Insider Guide.
- Deal alerts: Some of the of the deals on Prime Day will be Lightening Deals and Spotlight Deals, which are brief and the items can sell out. If you have something specific in mind, set a deal alert on Amazon so you don’t miss a deal if one pops up. Double up and set a deal alert on net. Slickdeals.net will send you alerts for Amazon as well as other retailers who may be trying to compete with Amazon on price.
- Plug it in: To save even more, look for cash back offers using browser plugins like Swagbucks or the Savings Sidekick from Coupon Cabin. Once you install the plugin on Chrome, you’ll receive an alert if a cash back offer is available when you visit Amazon. Cash back offers on Amazon are not very common, but it’s worth a shot. Also, if you find a good price at a different retailer via Slickdeals, that retailer might have a good cash back offer from Swagbucks or CouponCabin that could result in a lower overall price.
- Look before you leap: There will be a lot of items on sale for Prime Day, which could be dizzying. My advice? keep a level head. Prior to jumping on any Prime Day sale, do your due diligence and make sure you are getting the best price by checking a price comparison site, like Price Grabber or Google Shopping.
- If you want it NOW: If you live in one of 30 major cities, including, Chicago, Dallas and LA, try Prime Now, which offers free two-hour delivery on exclusive Amazon deals. First timers will get $10 off your order and $10 off your next order with the code 10PRIMEDAY. The deals are on “summer essentials” like sunscreen and ice cream, as well as on Amazon devices.
- Short on cash?: If you have gift cards from other retailers gathering dust, try trading them in for an Amazon gift card on GiftCardGranny. Go to the Sell Gift Cards page, enter the brand & value of your gift card, and then trade it in for an Amazon gift card.
We may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post. In addition to a handful of affiliate networks, TrueTrae.com/TraeBodge.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.