Along with the sunshine and warmer weather, April also brings an abundance of deals. My friends at Slickdeals mined the deal archives to provide insight on the best things to buy this month, and we’re predicting great prices on outdoor activities, toys & games, earth-friendly items (Earth Day is April 22), and special sales for folks itching to spend their tax refunds. Here are the best deals in April 2019:
The weather is finally nice enough to spend time outdoors and retailers will be offering timely sales. In previous years, we’ve seen a lot of deal activity on patio & garden, as well as on outdoorsy essentials, like tents, backpacks, and outerwear.
Steep & Cheap: Save Up to 75% on Marmot’s Outdoor Wear on Steep & Cheap
- Greenworks 19-Inch 40V Cordless Lawn Mower for $154.80, down from $279 + free shipping
- Rolling Garden Work Seat w/ Tool Tray and Basket for $69.99, down from $148.9 + free shipping
- Fiskars Pruning Stik Tree Pruner for $83.26, down from $112.53
Fat Brain Toys: Get outdoor toys from $4.48, through April 12.
Deals on Toys & Games
Toy and game deals are back again. For the last several years, we’ve seen deals on board games and card games at big box stores and Amazon, as well as deals on video games and consoles at retailers, like Gamestop and PlayStation. This is a great time to stock your gift closet for Easter or any upcoming kids’ birthday parties.
Educational Insights: On Amazon, save up to 25% off select best-selling toys and games, including the popular Playfoam Pals series.
Learning Resources: Save up to 25% off on select items on Amazon, including the hit Beaker Creatures series.
Tax Refund Sales
Some people are just learning that their tax refunds are not what they expected due to the changes in the tax law, but if you’ve got a refund to spend, select retailers will be waiting for you with open doors and lots of deals. In previous years, we’ve seen tax refund-related deals from Amazon, Office Depot and Staples as well as food deals from restaurants like Boston Market and Chuck E Cheese; so hopefully, we’ll see more of the same closer to tax time.
Hotwire: Save $15 off $150 current Hot Rate Hotel deals with promo code TAXGETAWAY15. April 11-16
Orbitz: On Tax Day (4/15), visit Orbitz.com/TaxDay on April 15th and sign up for Orbitz Rewards, or log into your account. Book a standalone hotel or vacation package and Orbitz will refund all taxes on Orbucks, which can be applied towards future travel.
Earth Day Deals
Earth Day is April 22nd and this day provides the perfect opportunity to evaluate your own carbon footprint. To help you live greener, many retailers will be offering discounts on items promoting earth-friendly living.
- Bear Grylls Triple Wall Vacuum Insulated Water Bottle for $9.99 with Clip-On Coupon
- Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Color Thermostat, Energy Star for $135.55, down from $199.00 with coupon
- Lutron MS-OPS5M-WH Maestro Sensor switch for $26.33, down from $41 + free shipping
- Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance 60W LED Smart Bulb Starter Kit (compatible with Alexa) for $158.45, down from $199.99 + free shipping
- TrickleStar 7 Outlet APS, LED Status 3 ft cord for $24.98
- Earth Low-Flow Showerheads Starting from $15.26
- Aube Programmable RPLS730B1000 Timer 7 for $53.48
- Soil & Plant Moisture Meter for $13.51
What Not to Buy
If you were thinking about proposing to your sweetheart or finding a deal on an early Mother’s Day gift, now is not the time. Wait until closer to Mother’s Day for deals on jewelry.
We may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post. In addition to a handful of affiliate networks, TrueTrae.com/TraeBodge.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.