RoC Skincare just released a new “Wrinkle Ranking” study that looks into the future to rank the most wrinkle-prone cities nationwide in 2040. I partnered with them for a segment on WCIU You & Me to discuss why Chicago is expected to be the 4th most wrinkle-prone city and to share tips on how we can all reduce these signs of aging with some of my favorite beauty and lifestyle products.
Why is Chicago so high on the list?? While Philly, Denver and Seattle were 1, 2 & 3, Chicago ranks high namely because of their stress-inducing long commute times and high levels of TV binge-watching.
- Don’t over wash your face with soap. Over washing makes it difficult for your skin to replenish the fat it naturally produces. If your skin is dry, use a gentle hydrating cleanser, like Aveeno’s Absolutely Ageless Nourishing Cleanser ($7.99 – major drugstores), which contains an anti-oxidant rich blackberry leaf extract and is clinically proven to help preserve skin’s natural moisture barrier while removing 99% of skin-aging impurities like dirt, oil and makeup.
- Protect your skin from the damages of UV rays. Starting the day with a moisturizer/SPF combination should be part of everyone’s daily routine, all year long. Using a broad-spectrum sunscreen, like the RoC RETINOL CORREXION Deep Wrinkle Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 ($24,99 –Target & CVS), can help protect your skin from the sun while working to diminish deep wrinkles in as few as 8 weeks.
- Be kind to your eyes. Staring too much at your devices (think: Binge watching on Netflix or smartphone addiction) will decrease your blink rate, which can lead to drier eyes and a higher possibility of wrinkles through irritation.
- Sleep on your back. Dermatologists recommend we avoid side sleeping because favoring one side can cause sleep lines. Sleep on your back to prevent wrinkles. Using a curved pillow like The Curve Memory Foam Contour Pillow from JCPenney Home ($18 on sale!) can encourage regular back sleeping.
- Relax – Stress tends to cause the furrow lines and wrinkles. I recommend meditation or yoga before or after work. For guidance, I use videos on Youtube for meditation and Yoga. It’s free!
For more info, visit RoCskincare.com